Flying can be exciting, but checking in for your flight can sometimes be boring and take a long time. Fortunately, nowadays, numerous airlines provide the convenience of web check-in. This allows you to check-in for your flight online, right from the comfort of your own home. This article will explain what web check-in for flights is, its benefits, and how you can do it.
About Web Check-in
Web check-in is a way to check in for your flight using the internet. Many airlines offer a service that lets passengers check in for their flight using their computer or smartphone. This means they don’t have to go to the airport check-in counter.
When to do Web Check-in
The time for web check-in can be different for each airline and type of flight. For domestic flights, you can usually check-in online 48 hours before your scheduled departure time. Make sure to complete the check-in process at least 2 hours before your flight takes off. For international flights, web check-in typically begins 24 hours before your departure and ends 60 minutes before your flight takes off. Different airlines may have different time frames for web check-in.
How Can Passengers Do Online Check-in?
- Visit the official website of your specific airline.
- Please provide the PNR or Booking Reference Number, as well as the Last name or email of the passenger(s).
- Choose the passenger(s) you would like to check-in.
- To select your seat(s), simply click on the desired seat(s) on the available seat map and then click on “Proceed”.
- To generate your boarding pass, simply click on the “Check-in” button.
Benefits of Web Check-In
Now that you know how to do web check-in, let’s talk about the benefits that it offers.
- Web check-in offers convenience by allowing you to check in for your flight from home. This means you can avoid long lines at the airport, saving you time and reducing stress.
- Seat Selection: When you check in online, you can choose the seat you want from the options that are available. This way, you can get a better seat if there is one.
- Quick Security Checks: If you only have a carry-on bag, you can go directly to security without stopping at the check-in counter. This will save you even more time.
- Mobile Boarding Pass: When you check-in online, you have the option to get your boarding pass on your smartphone instead of using a paper one.
Where can I find all types of airline policies?
There are many websites where you can read all types of Airlines policies, but we found Tigerairline.net, which mostly covers all airline policies in easy language.
Can I Pick My Place When I Check in Online?
Yes, when you check in online, you can pick the seat you want from the ones that are open. But some flights may charge extra if you want to choose a certain seat.
Should I Print My Boarding Pass After Web Check-in?
Printing your boarding pass after web check-in is unnecessary. Download your boarding card to your phone and show it at the airport security checkpoint and gate. You can print it if you prefer.
If I miss web check-in, what happens?
You must check in at the airport counter if you miss the web check-in window. This may increase wait times, thus web check-in is suggested whenever available.
In summary, web check-in is a time-saving and convenient service offered by airlines that allows passengers to check in for their flights online. It provides benefits such as seat selection, quicker security checks, and the option for a mobile boarding pass. Understanding your airline’s specific policies is essential to make the most of this feature and enhance your travel experience.