Babies begin their teething around six months and hence begin their painful whining. However, you cannot blame those little ones for teething and whining if you have felt the pain of your wisdom tooth. The gums are a little inflamed, and the pain and discomfort is what makes them cry all day.
As a new parent, if you are looking for solutions that can help ease that discomfort for your baby. Often we are left with two options, let them grow it out or take the route of modern medicine. However, amber bead necklaces are the middle ground for the two. A beaded necklace or bracelet made with organic materials.
They do help ease the pain but, at the same time, do not cause any side effects to the baby. In this excerpt below, we will be discussing more myths and facts about amber bead necklaces. So that you can make an informed decision when ordering one.
Myths & Facts About Amber Bead Necklace
Amber bead necklaces are made from the fossilized resin of a Baltic tree. The Baltic amber is the purest amber, and you should always do a purity check before placing the necklace for your infant. Now, without any further ado, let’s get into the myths and facts about amber bead necklaces.
Myths About Amber Bead Necklace
Here are some of the common myths people often believe about amber bead necklaces.
- Myth 1: Amber bead necklaces can be used orally. That amber bead necklace provides pain relief as a teething toy. They are not.
- Myth 2: Amber beads necklaces are only worn around the baby’s neck to get the most effect of the medicinal properties.
- Myth 3: Amber bead necklaces can speed up the teething process and give your babies their canine quicker.
- Myth 4: Amber heard teething necklace can improve a baby’s immune system.
- Myth 5: The purity of an amber bead teething necklace can be determined by its color.
- Myth 6: Amber bead teething necklaces are equivalent to traditional teething pain relief like cold press or teething toys.
- Myth 7: Amber bead teething necklace can give children unnecessary addiction to sucking their thumb in their toddler stage.
- Myth 8: Babies need to wear the necklace 24/7 in order for it to have an effect on the teething process.
- Myth 9: Amber bead teething necklaces are self-cleaning, and one doesn’t need to clean them every day.
- Myth 10: Amber bead teething necklaces are totally risk-free.
Facts About Amber Bead Teething Necklaces
Now that we are well aware of the myths circulating, let’s get into the rightful facts about the teething process and amber beads.
- Fact 1: Amber bead necklaces are not supposed to be used orally by babies. Rather it is the succinic acid that is released within the skin. This acid doesn’t have any side effects on the skin but definitely has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help soothe the baby.
- Fact 2: Amber bead necklaces require good skin-to-skin contact. Which means it is not necessary for the necklace to be around your skin. It can be around anywhere on the body. Many parents prefer amber bead bracelets, ringlets, or even waistbands.
- Fact 3: There is no scientific proof that amber heard can increase the teething process. That depends on the baby’s nutrition intake and their developmental speed. Amber bead necklaces are merely a means of pain relief.
- Fact 4: Again, there is no scientific proof that it can increase a baby’s immune system since it is not an oral medicine. The pain relief, however, can give babies a peaceful goodnight sleep and reduce pain anxiety.
- Fact 5: The color is not the right indicator of amber bead purity. Rather if you really want to test the purity, you can slightly burn one bead. You should be able to smell something calm, woodsy, and earthy. If you sense anything plastic, then it is fake.
- Fact 6: It won’t bring the same results. While it can decrease inflammation and provide some pain, you can still use these traditional methods. Anything to put your baby in absolute peace.
- Fact 7: Amber bead necklaces are not meant to be used orally; hence no chance of any oral addiction.
- Fact 8: Even if your baby doesn’t wear it all day, every day, it can bring pain relief. A few hours in a day is enough.
- Fact 9: It is not self-cleaning. In fact, it is important to wipe it with lukewarm water after each wear. Just do not place any kind of abrasive cleaning product.
- Fact 10: Amber bead teething necklaces are not totally risk-free; you still need to supervise to ensure that the baby is not chewing on the beads. Especially if they are around the neck.