The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) put out RBI Grade B Notification 2023 on April 26, 2023, for positions like Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General), Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR, and Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM. RBI conducts the RBI Grade B Officer Exam to find people who are qualified to work as Grade B officers in its branches all over the country. Because the Reserve Bank of India has a good pay scale and a well-known job profile, it gets thousands of people to take this test every year. RBI Grade B 2023 Exam is a great chance for college grads who want to work for the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to find a job. The selection process for the RBI Grade B 2023 test has three parts: Phase 1, Phase 2, and an interview.
Highlights of the RBI Grade B Notification 2023
For a summary of the RBI Grade B Exam 2023, check out the table below. It has all the important details about the RBI Grade B Recruitment 2023.
|Organisation||Reserve Bank of India|
|Exam Name||RBI Grade B 2023|
|Posts||Grade B Officers|
Phase I, Phase II & Interview
|Number of Attempts||6|
|Release of RBI Grade B Notice||26th April 2023|
|Online Application Form Starts||09th May 2023|
|Online Application Last Date||09th June 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase-I Exam Date 2023||09th & 16th July 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase-II Exam Date 2023||
30th July, 2nd September, 19th August 2023
RBI Grade B 2023 Exam Date
The RBI Grade B 2023 exam dates for all positions have been made public along with the RBI Grade B 2023 Notification. The exam dates for the prelims, mains, and interviews for the RBI Grade B Officer Exam 2023 are listed below.
|RBI Grade B Phase I Exam Date(Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–(General)||09 July 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase II Exam Date(Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–(General)||30 July 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase I Exam Date(Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–DEPR)||16 July 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase II Exam Date(Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–DEPR)||02 September 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase I Exam Date(Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–DSIM)||16 July 2023|
|RBI Grade B Phase II Exam Date(Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–DSIM||19 August 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Grade B 2023
To be qualified for the RBI Grade B 2023 Exam, candidates must meet the following requirements (based on the RBI Grade B Notification from the previous year):
- Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General): Candidates have Graduation in any discipline /Equivalent technical or professional qualification with a minimum 60% mark (50% for SC/ST/PwBD applicants) or Post-Graduation / Equivalent technical qualification with minimum 55% marks (pass marks for SC/ST/PwBD applicants) in aggregate of all semesters/years.
- Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR: Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
- Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM: Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.
Candidates must meet the following age requirements to apply for the RBI vacancy:
- Minimum age limit: 21 years
- Maximum age limit: 30 years
- Candidates must be a citizen of India
- Candidates Must be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 and has the intention of settling permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Exam Pattern for RBI Grade B 2023
The full Exam Pattern for the RBI Grade B Exam is as follows:
There are three parts to the exam: Phase I, Phase II, and the Interview. Here are the details of each of the three steps:
RBI Grade B Phase I Exam
There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
|Name Of The Section||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||25 Minutes|
|General Awareness||80||80||25 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||25 Minutes|
RBI Grade B Phase II Exam
The test pattern for the RBI Grade B Phase II exam can be seen in the table below.
|Paper||Sections||Type of questions||Marks||Time|
|Paper I||Economics and Social Issues||50% Objective Type, 50% Descriptive (On computer)||50+50= 100||30+90=120 min|
|Paper II||English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (3 questions)||100||90 min|
|Paper III||Finance and Management||50% Objective Type and 50% Descriptive||50+50= 100||30+90= 120 min|
RBI Grade B Vacancy 2023
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released an official RBI Grade B Notification 2023 along with 291 vacancies for the RBI Grade B 2023 test. Let’s look at how the vacancies are split up by post for the RBI Grade B 2023 Exam.
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–(General)||222|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–DEPR||38|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR)–DSIM||31|