During the ICC World Cup 2023, the Pakistan men’s cricket team will not get any extra or extra security. The External Affairs Ministry stated that all visiting teams, including those from Pakistan, will have the same level of security while they are in India.
After playing in the 2016 T20 World Cup, Pakistan is going to play in India for the first time in seven years. The team led by Babar Azam just got the final go-ahead to go to India for the World Cup last week. They will play their first game on October 6 against the Netherlands. On October 14, they will play the hosts, India, at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
It was said that Pakistan’s government wanted better security for their team, but the External Affairs Ministry said that the Pakistan Cricket team will be treated the same as other teams and that they will give all the protection that is needed to every team that is playing.
“The Pakistan cricket team will be treated the same as any other cricket team in the ICC World Cup,” Arindam Bagchi, a spokesman for the External Affairs Ministry, said. “Of course, we hope that not only them but also all the other teams that will be there, will have all the support they need. I hope there will be a good match, and I hope this isn’t a war like it seems to be.”
Pakistan ICC World Cup 2023 Schedule
- October 6 – Pakistan v Netherlands, Hyderabad, 2 pm IST
- October 10 – Pakistan v Sri Lanka, Hyderabad, 2 pm IST
- October 14 – Pakistan v India, Ahmedabad, 2 pm IST
- October 20 – Pakistan v Australia, Bengaluru, 2 pm IST
- October 23 – Pakistan v Afghanistan, Chennai, 2 pm IST
- October 27 – Pakistan v South Africa, Chennai, 2 pm IST
- October 31 – Pakistan v Bangladesh, Kolkata, 2 pm IST
- November 4 – Pakistan v New Zealand, Bengaluru, 10:30 am IST
- November 11 – Pakistan v England, Kolkata, 2 pm IST
Pakistan doesn’t mix sports with politics: PAK Government
It’s important to remember that Pakistan put together a high-level committee that included the country’s Foreign Minister and the Chief of the Pakistan Cricket Board, among others, to do their research and give a detailed report on whether or not they should take part in the global cricket event.
The committee was supposed to report straight to Pakistan’s Prime Minister, Shehbaz Sharif. Sharif would then use the report to make a final decision. “Pakistan has always said that sports and politics should stay separate. So, it has chosen to send its cricket team to India to compete in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, according to a press release on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
The ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 will start on October 5, 2023, in Ahmedabad. The 2019 World Cup winners, England, and New Zealand, will play each other in the first game. Pakistan, on the other hand, would start its campaign a day after the Netherlands did, in Hyderabad.
The India vs. Pakistan game, which everyone is looking forward to, will take place on October 14 at the Narendra Modi Stadium. Notably, the match was originally set to take place on October 15. However, because of security concerns, the authorities made the appropriate changes.
- Who Will Feature In India Team For ODI World Cup 2023? Check the List!
- Pakistan Team Confirms to Visit India for ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan Ministry Statement