The Nabanna scholarship is a program started by the government of West Bengal to help talented and poor students in the state who want to go to college and study in different fields. The award comes from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund and is meant to give students who are having trouble paying for school more chances to learn.
Education is one of the most important things that can affect a person’s and a country’s future. But many students in West Bengal can’t keep going to school because they don’t have enough money or tools. To solve this problem, the government of West Bengal started the Nabanna scholarship program. This scholarship is for students who have passed the class 10 or 12 school board exam or any undergraduate or postgraduate exam at an Indian university with at least 50% but less than 60%. The scholarship is worth Rs. 10,000 per year and is given to kids based on how well they do in school and how much money they need.
Highlights of Nabanna Scholarship 2023
In the table below, we’ve summed up the most important parts of the Nabanna scholarship:
|Name of the scheme||
Government of West Bengal
|Beneficiaries||Student of the state|
To promote higher education
Students will be able to achieve goals in their studies
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 10,000 per year|
How to Apply for Nabanna Scholarship 2023?
There are both online and paper ways to apply for a Nabanna grant. Follow the steps below to apply for the grant, if you are interested.
- Visit www.wbcmo.gov.in, which is the website for the Government of West Bengal, to get the Nabanna grant application form.
- Fill out the registration form with the necessary information and include copies of your grades, proof of income, bank account information, etc.
- After entering the Information attached all your Important Documents
- After that send the application form to the address mentioned below via ordinary post/ Dropbox Nabanna, 14th Floor, 325 Sarat Chatterjee Road, Shibpur, Howrah-711102
Click Here to Apply Online for Nabanna Scholarship 2023
The candidates can also turn in their application form and supporting papers at the office of their district magistrate or police commissioner.
Also, Check Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships 2023
Who Can Apply for Nabanna Scholarship 2023?
The following are the qualifications for the Nabanna scholarship:
- The person who wants to apply must live in West Bengal.
- The candidate must have passed the last test from a board or university in West Bengal that is known and respected.
- The candidate must have gotten at least 50% on the last test, but less than 60%.
- The candidate can’t already get a scholarship or stipend for the same course or level of study from the federal or state government.
- The applicant’s family income cannot be more than Rs. 1,20,000 per year.
You don’t have to pay anything to apply for a Nabanna grant. The registration fee for the Nabanna scholarship has been taken care of by the government of West Bengal. This is to make the scholarship easier for students from poorer parts of society to get. The government wants more students to apply for this grant so they can go to college without having to worry about money.
Read More: Jharkhand E Kalyan Scholarship
Documents Required for Nabanna Scholarship 2023
Depending on the plan and the qualifications, the documents you need to apply for a government scholarship may be different. But here are some standard documents that are usually needed for most government scholarships:
- Aadhar card: The Indian government gives people who apply for an Aadhar card a unique number that serves as proof of who they are and where they live. Most government grants require the recipient to have an Aadhar card linked to their bank account.
- Income certificate: This is a piece of paper that proves how much the applicant’s family makes each year from all sources. It must be shown that the candidate needs the money and is eligible for the scholarship. The income document should come from a person in charge, like a tehsildar, BDO, SDM, or another official.
- Caste certificate: This is a piece of paper that proves the applicant’s caste or group, like SC, ST, OBC, EWS, etc. It is needed to show that the applicant is a member of the tribe and is eligible for the scholarship. The caste certificate should be given by the tehsildar, BDO, SDM, or someone else in charge.
- Education certificate: This is a record that proves the applicant’s level of education and how well they did on their last test. It could be things like report cards, awards, degrees, diplomas, and so on. It is needed to show that the applicant is qualified for the grant and has earned it.
- Passport-size Photo: These are recent photos of the person applying that are used to identify and verify them. They should be easy to read and have a white background and bright colours. They should be scanned or posted as JPEG files that are no more than 200 KB in size.
- Fee receipt: This is a piece of paper that shows how much the applicant paid in fees to get into or sign up for their present course or level of study. The applicant must show proof of how much they actually spent on their schooling.
- Bank information: This is the information about the applicant’s bank account where they want the grant money to be sent. The bank account should be in their own name or in the name of their parents if they are too young to go to high school. The bank information should include the account number, the IFSC code, the name of the office, etc.
Also, Check Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarships
Benefits of Nabanna Scholarship 2023
Here are some of the perks of the Nabanna scholarship:
- The scholarship lets the kids go to college without having to worry about money.
- The scholarship gives the kids motivation to do well in school and reach their goals.
- Students from poorer parts of society have more chances to go to school because of the scholarship.
- The scholarship helps West Bengal build up its people resources and improve its social welfare.
|COURSE/Category||Marks (%) Need||
|School Candidates 2021-22 | Madhyamika Examination Pass [for H.S. level]||50-60%||Rs 10000|
|College Candidates 2021-22 | H.S. Examination Pass [ for U.G. level]||
|General UG courses
BA, BSc, BCA
|For professional UG courses
Engineering, Pharmacy, Medical
|University Students 2021-22 | Graduation pass [for P.G. level]||50-53%||Rs 10000|
Details About Nabanna Scholarship 2023
The Nabanna scholarship can be applied for at any time during the present school year. You can apply for this grant at any time. But it’s best to apply as soon as you can after you pass the qualifying test. Candidates can apply online at www.wbcmo.gov.in or in person by bringing their application form and supporting papers to “Nabanna” or the office of their district magistrate or police commissioner.
The Nabanna grant is a good way for the government of West Bengal to help worthy students who are having trouble paying for school. The scholarship gives each student a one-time grant of Rs. 10,000 per year to help them study in a variety of areas. Those who meet the requirements can apply for this grant online or in person and take advantage of its benefits.