How to Activate Jio SIM : It’s likely that you’ve recently purchased a Jio SIM card and are now here because you’re having trouble activating it, connecting to the internet, or anything along those lines. Unfortunately, issues with activating a Jio sim card are widespread at the moment.
Keeping this in mind, we’ve compiled a number of solutions to the topic, “How to Activate Jio SIM?” Tele-verification and online verification are two easy approaches that may be used to combat this issue. If you want to get started with your new Jio SIM, read here. We’ve laid down three tried-and-true strategies for activating your Jio number below. Please read the instructions carefully; we aim to have the issue resolved as soon as possible.
Methods to Activate Jio SIM for Data
and Voice Calling
Method 1: How to Activate Jio SIM for Data?
Using this approach, you may call from any phone number to activate your Jio SIM card. You need just remember to maintain your updated contact info and ID on hand. Here are the measures to take:
- Use the phone number you provided in the Jio SIM application, 1800-890-1977.
- Your new Jio number is required at this time.
- The last four digits of your Aadhaar card or voter ID are required as verification of your identification.
- Your Jio SIM card should be active shortly.
Read Also: How To Check Jio Balance: Validity Using USSD Code & SMS
Method 2: How to Activate Jio SIM for Voice Call?
Jio’s voice calling feature is easy to enable. To begin using your Jio SIM card with voice calling services (VoLTE), please follow these steps:
- A verification call from Jio will be requested after the purchase of a new SIM card.
- To begin making phone calls and using the internet with your new number, dial 1977.
- A Jio agent will ask for your personal information so they can verify your identification using the documentation you provide.
- For the sake of answering the verification questions, please have your Aadhaar card or voter ID card on hand.
- The Jio SIM card will be activated within 2 hours of a successful verification. It might take up to 5 hours at the most.
Activating Jio’s voice call service is now complete.
Method 3 – How to Activate Jio SIM Online Via e-KYC
In just three cities—Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore—are customers allowed to use this approach to validate their Jio SIM card. You won’t believe that the SIM may be activated in as little as 15 minutes. Just do what I say:
- Go to the nearest Jio shop.
- To make purchases, please present your Aadaar card.
- The agent will scan your fingerprint and look for a matching record in their database.
- A retinal scan might potentially be used for Jio number verification and activation.
Read Also: Jio Plans Postpaid Family: Accessing Family Plan
If you have recently purchased a Jio phone number but are unsure of how to activate it, have no fear: there are a few simple steps you may do. We’ve covered three of the most important ways to initiate a voice conversation or data transfer. Take advantage of them and spend zero dollars on SMS, phone calls, and web browsing. After getting your SIM card activated, you may use Jio Recharge Packs to continue using the service. We’re glad you found this blog informative.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online Jio SIM activation instructions.
You may receive e-KYC to activate your Jio SIM online simply by walking into a Jio store in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, or Bangalore. The verification process will just require a fingerprint or retina scan. From there, you’ll want to make sure you have an active Jio SIM card on hand.
What are the steps to activate a ported Jio SIM card?
After successfully transferring your number to Jio, you may verify your new number by dialing 1977. To verify your new number, you can also contact the toll-free number, 1800-890-1977, from any phone. In this way, you may start using a transferred Jio sim card.
How can I revive my Jio SIM card’s inactive status?
If you want to activate your Jio sim, you’ll need to visit a Jio Store and fill out a re-activation form in person, bringing your photo ID with you. Your SIM card will need to be recharged before you can use it again once we’ve activated your number after you’ve submitted the form.
How can I activate my Jio SIM card in my phone?
Jio phones are capable of auto-configuring for 2G, 3G, or 4G when a Jio SIM is inserted. You have the option of manually setting up the SIM or calling customer support.
Check our Home Page.