The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has put out a formal notice about 163 job openings for Scientist-B, Senior Scientific Assistant, and other positions. Most people want to work as a Scientist for a well-known government agency, so this recruitment is like a golden chance for engineering grads. Those who want to start preparing for the CPCB Scientist B Recruitment 2023 should be familiar with the CPCB Scientist B schedule 2023. This will help them prepare well and according to the schedule.
We’ve talked about the CPCB Scientist B Syllabus 2023 here to help people get ready. Check out this post to learn more about the CPCB Scientist B Syllabus 2023. Candidates must read this piece and save this website as a favourite so they can find out about new jobs.
Highlights of CPCB Scientist B Syllabus 2023
The candidates who are prepared for the CPCB Recruitment should look at the table below to see the most important parts of the CPCB Scientist B Syllabus 2023:
Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB)
Scientist – B, Assistant Law Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Senior Scientific Assistant, Technical Supervisor, Technician, Junior Laboratory Assistant, DEO, LDC, Field Attendant, and MTS
|No. of Vacancies||163|
|Advertisement No.||02/2022-Admin (R)|
|Online Application Start||06th March 2023|
|Last Date of Online Application||31st March 2023|
|Selection Process||Written Test | Skill Test|
|CPCB Scientist B Admit Card 2023||To Be Out Soon|
|CPCB Official Website||www.cpcb.nic.in|
CPCB Scientist B Exam Pattern 2023
There will be a total of 100 questions on the CPCB Scientist B Exam in 2023. There will be 40 general questions worth 40 marks and 60 subject-specific questions worth 60 marks. Here is a full list of the CPCB Scientist B Exam Pattern for 2023:
|Section||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Science, General English, and General Aptitude||40||40|
CPCB Scientist B Syllabus 2023
Scientist B (Chemical, Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Chemistry for Environmental Engineering
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Air Pollution Control Technologies
- Waste Management (Solid Waste, Hazardous waste, E-Waste, Biomedical Waste, Plastic waste, and used Batteries waste)
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment (Design of ETPs/CETPs etc.)
- Sewerage and Water Supply Engineering
- Noise Pollution & Control
- Basic Hydraulic Engineering (measurement of flow, etc.)
- Landfill Design
- Soil Contamination & Remediation
- Water & Air Quality sampling
- Industrial Pollution Control (Thermal Power Plants, Tanneries, Dairy, Steel, and Oil Refineries)
- Sensors & Transducers, Measurement techniques used in GC / GC-MS / NDIR / Spectrophotometer /HPLC / AAS / ICP /ERY/ED-ERF / Flame photometer / FTIR / Etc.
- Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems
- Units and Standards.
- Measurement of current, Voltage, power, Power-factor and energy.
- Indicating instruments.
- Measurement of resistance, inductance. Capacitance and frequency.
Scientist B (CS/IT)
- Computer: History of Computer and their classification, Basic Organization, Memory – RAM, ROM, EPROM, etc., Magnetic-Floppy, Hard disks, CDROM, WORM, etc., Concept of Virtual Memory and Cache Memory, Number systems, binary octal, Hexadecimal, Binary Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication, Flotation, point representation and arithmetic, Arithmetic through stacks.
- Operating systems: assemblers, elements of Assembly language programming-Overview of the Assembly process, assembler for the IBM PC, Process synchronization, Memory Management – address Binding – dynamic Loading and linking – overlays – logical and Physical address space –Contiguous Allocation – internal& External Fragmentation. Non-Contiguous Allocation: Packing and Segmentation Schemes – Implementation – Hardware Protection – Protection – sharing – Fragmentation.
- Virtual Memory: Demand Paging – Page Replacement – Page Replacement Algorithms – Thrashing.
- File System: File Concepts – Assess Methods – Directory Structures – Protection Consistency Semantics – File system Structures – Allocation Methods – Free Space Management.
- I/O System: Overview – I/O hardware – Application I/O Interface – Kernel I/O subsystem, Performance, Secondary Storage Structures, Protection, Goals, Domain – Access matrix. ·
- Assemblers: Elements of assembly language programming – Overview of the Assembly process – Design of a low-pass Assembler – a single pass Assembler for the IBM PC. The security Problem – Authentication – Threats – Threat Monitoring – Encryption.
- Fundamentals of programming: Unix Programming, Programming In FORTRAN, C, Object Oriented Programming in C++, programming in Java, Basics of compilers.
Database Management Systems: Advantages and components of a Database Management System, Data Types, Data Dictionary, Query Basics, Forms and Reports, Graphical objects, Error Handing, Distributing Application, Data Storage Methods, Data Clustering, and Partitioning, Database Administration, Backup and Recovery, Security and Privacy, Distributed Databases, Client/Server Databases, Object Oriented Databases, Integrated Applications, SQL, RDBMS.
- Internet Technology: Basics, topologies, layers, switching in the networks, bridges, routers and gateways, types of networks, Client/Server Applications, Internet Standards and specifications, ISP, Broad Band Technologies, Protocols, web servers, browsers, and security, firewalls, data security, HTML, DHTML, XML, Web designing.
- Fundamentals of Geographical Information System (GIS): GIS Data and Spatial Models, Topology ad Spatial Operations, Projections, Scale and Coordinate Systems, Mapping, GIS Analysis, and Cartography. Basics of GIS application development.
Also, Check CPCB Exam Date 2023
Scientist B (Electrical)
- Energy-efficient lighting, Energy efficient Air Conditioning systems, Energy efficient materials for green buildings, Solar panels, etc. Energy audit.
- Gauss’s Law and Amperes Law – Fields in dielectrics conductors and magnetic materials.
- Band Theory – Conductors, Semi-conductors, Insulators, and Super-conductivity. Insulators for electrical and electronic applications. Magnetic materials. Ferro and ferrimagnetism, Properties Ceramics, and application, Material audit and balance.
- Circuits elements. Kirchoff’s Laws – Three-phase circuits. Two-port networks. Elements of two-element network synthesis.
- Units and Standards – Measurement of current, Voltage, power, Power-factor and energy. Indicating instruments. Measurement of Inductance. Capacitance and frequency.
- Power transformers – Construction and testing. Equivalent circuits – Losses and efficiency. Regulation.
- Auto-transformer, 3-phase transformer. Parallel operation. Basic concepts In rotating machines. EMF, torque, and basic machine types. Construction and operation, leakage losses, and efficiency. D.C.
- Machines. Construction, Excitation methods. Circuit models. Armature reaction and commutation.
- Characteristics and performance analysis. Generators and motors. Starting and speed control. Testing. Losses and efficiency. Synchronous Machines. UPS etc.
- Maintenance of sub-station, Electrical rooms, Air conditioning system, pump room, and generators.
Scientist B (ECE)
- Conductors, Semiconductors, Insulators, Magnetic, Passive components, characteristics of Resistors, Capacitors, and inductors.PN Junction diode, forward and reverse bias characteristics and equivalent circuits of the diode, Zener diode, and applications, clipping, clamping, and rectifier circuits using diodes.
- BJT, FET, and MOSFET; Blasing and stability, Emitter follower and its applications – Negative feedback-Transistor as a switch, Multistage Amplifiers, Feedback, Oscillators, Voltage regulation, Power amplifiers.
Introduction to Network Theorems: Kirchoff’s laws, superposition, Thevenin’s Norton’s and Maximum power theorems.
- Voltage and Current relationship In the resistance, inductance, and capacitance. Concept of reactance, susceptance, conductance, impedance, and admittance In series and parallel RL, RC, and RLC circuits – Three phases supply-star and delta connection diagrams – Relation between line and phase & voltages and currents, series and parallel resonance circuits – the condition of resonance, resonant frequency, Q factor, and bandwidth.
- Digital electronics: – Logic gates, Demorgan’s theorem, Boolean algebra, frequency counters, flip flops, shift resistors, Basic concepts of Digital to Analog and Analog to Digital Converters.
- Modulation, types of modulation, Amplitude Modulation (AM), Modulation index, Power relation In AM, Generation, and Demodulation of AM. Single Side Band (SSB): Power requirement in comparison with AM, Advantages of SSB over AM. Concept of Balanced Modulator, Generation of SSB, Pilot Carrier System. Independent Side System, Vestigial Sideband Transmission.
- Frequency Modulation (FM): Definition of FM, Bandwidth, Noise triangle, Pre-emphasis, and De emphasis. Pulse Modulation (PM): Definition of PM. Difference between AM and FM. Radio receivers. Sampling Theorem, PAM, PTM, PWM, PPM, pulse code modulation, Quantization noise, commanding, PCM system, differential PCM, Delta modulation. Multiplexing: FDM/TDM. Introduction of digital
- Communication: PSK, ASK, FSK, introduction to fibre optics system, Propagation of light In optical fibre and satellite communications.
Also, Check Manipur Police Recruitment
Scientist B (IN)
- Characteristics and applications of the diode, Zener diode, BJT, and MOSFET; small signal analysis of transistor circuits, feedback amplifiers. Characteristics of operational amplifiers; applications of amplifier: difference amplifier, adder, subtracter, integrator, differentiator, instrumentation amplifier.
- Combinational logic circuits, minimization of Boolean functions. Arithmetic circuits, comparators, Schmitt trigger, multi-vibrators, sequential circuits, flip flops, shift registers, timers, and counters; sample and-hold circuit, multiplexer, analogue-to-digital (successive approximation, integrating, flash and sigma-delta) and digital-to-analogue converters (weighted R, R-2R ladder and current steering logic).
- SI units, systematic and random errors in measurement, expression of uncertainty – accuracy and precision index, propagation of errors. PMMC, MI, and dynamometer type instruments; dc potentiometer; bridges for measurement of R, L, and C, Q-meter. Measurement of voltage, current, and power in single and three-phase circuits; ac and dc current probes; true RMS meters, voltage and current scaling, instrument transformers, timer/counter, time, phase, and frequency measurements, digital voltmeter, digital multimeter; oscilloscope, shielding, and grounding.
- Resistive-, capacitive-, inductive-, piezoelectric-, Hall effect sensors and associated signal conditioning circuits; transducers for industrial instrumentation: displacement (linear and angular), velocity, acceleration, force, torque, vibration, shock, pressure (including low pressure), flow (differential pressure, variable area, electromagnetic, ultrasonic, turbine, and open channel flow meters) temperature (thermocouple, bolometer, RTD (3/4 wire), thermistor, pyrometer, and semiconductor); liquid level, pH, conductivity and viscosity measurement.