Android Auto Coolwalk: Any car worth its salt will need to have the ability to connect to an Android Auto system, either wirelessly or via a cable connection. If you must know, why? Google Maps, Spotify, and a plethora of other applications and services are all compatible with Android Auto, so you can use them to go about while you’re on the road. The next major update to Android Auto is called Coolwalk, and it’s going to be massive.
Android Auto Coolwalk, the latest version of Android Auto, was unveiled for the first time at Google I/O 2022. Fans of Android Auto, however, have been waiting for this major update ever since. The long-awaited Coolwalk upgrade for Android Auto has begun trickling out. This means that the updated, major version will be made accessible to users soon.
With the new Android Auto Coolwalk interface, you won’t have to go through a bunch of menus to get to the information you need on your car’s dashboard screen. There are several enhancements and new features in the update. Now that Android Auto has been updated, let’s have a look at the new features and how to activate them with the Android Auto Coolwalk.
Android Auto Coolwalk: What’s New?
After debuting with the beta version of the Android Auto app (v8.5.6245), the new Android Auto Coolwalk UI has since been improved upon with the release of the newest stable Android Auto app (v8.6.6250) and the incremental v8.9.6306 upgrade. There have been several updates to the user interface in this release. These modifications were essential in making the head unit more user-friendly while driving. Let’s check out what’s new in Coolwalk 8.6.6 for Android Auto.
- Modified Android Auto Display with Split Screen
- Positioning Maps Nearer the Driver’s Seat.
- App switcher that loads recently used programs
- Configurable split-screen mode fits various display widths
- This new media card features Material You make it such that the user’s preferred album cover is shown.
- Google’s virtual assistant, Assistant, makes useful recommendations like notifying you of missed calls, revealing when you’ll arrive, and playing music or podcasts right away.
- Convenient one-tap menus that appear on-screen
- Playback seek bar for audio files and podcasts
- WhatsApp voice calls are coming to the newest Pixel and Samsung phones very soon.
- Samsung and Xiaomi phones will soon be able to share digital car keys (Coming Soon).
- More automakers will soon be able to use digital vehicle keys (On the Horizon).
Android Auto Coolwalk Release Date
After much anticipation, the long-awaited major makeover of Android Auto will be available to all users on January 5, 2023. At the present CES convention, Google demonstrated the new Android Auto UI and started rolling out the major upgrade. If you didn’t already know, Google has been beta-testing Android Auto with a new look for the past two months under the codename “Coolwalk.” The major revision, 8.6.6250, is now available. This year may see the release of some of the update’s accompanying features.
Many people are curious about the new features and how to upgrade to the latest version of Android Auto now that it is available.
Android Auto Coolwalk: How to Get It
Now, you may not immediately receive the update even if you have the most recent version of Android Auto installed on your Android smartphone. Initially released on the server side, the new Android Auto Coolwalk has been delivered to select users automatically. However, Android Auto Coolwak may be downloaded immediately in one of three methods.
Method 1:Install Android Auto Coolwalk 8.9.6306 APK (Sideload)
An Android APK file may be easily and quickly sideloaded. If you have downloaded the APK file from a trusted source or a secure location where you know the file has not been altered, then yes, it is safe. If you have an Android smartphone, the APKMirror repository is a reliable source from which to get and sideload APK files. Here’s how to side-load the most recent Android Auto APK version.
- Launch your preferred web browser on your Android device and go to her APKMirror site.
- You may also get to the Android Auto download page by clicking here. You need to get either 8.6.6250, 8.7.6302, or 8.9.6306, or a later version.
- Click the link for the most recent version of Android Auto after the page has loaded.
- At last, select the desired variation and click on its download button.
- Soon the download will start.
- Go to your Downloads folder and run the setup program from there.
- Installation from Unknown sources must be enabled if it is not already.
- The most recent version of Android Auto has now successfully installed.
Method 2: Clear Android Auto Cache
To receive the latest version of Android Auto from the server, you may also try deleting the app’s cache. Follow these directions.
- Launch the Android device’s Settings menu.
- Proceed to Apps by clicking the appropriate menu item.
- Choose Programs Already on Your Device. (This varies depending on the Android SO version and the Android OEM).
- Now, access the Android Auto app by navigating your device’s app drawer.
- When the program is chosen, further options like Clear Cache, Clear Data, and Uninstall program should appear.
- Select Clear Cache, then exit the Settings program.
- Start up Android Auto and make sure you’re linked to the web.
- When you connect your device to the car’s head unit, the new Android Auto Coolwalk UI will appear on the screen.
Enroll in the Android Auto Beta Program
Joining the beta program through the Google Play Store is an additional option for gaining access to the most recent version of Android Auto Coolwalk. There is no longer any need to sign up for the beta as the stable upgrade has begun rolling out.
- Start up the Google Play Store on your Android device when online.
- Find the Android Auto app in the Google Play store right now.
- You may then choose the appropriate app from the list that appears.
- To get to the bottom of the Android Auto app page, scroll all the way to the right.
- There need to be a link that reads “Join the Beta.”
- You can simply enroll in the beta program provided it is not yet at capacity.
- If you’ve successfully signed up for the program, the latest version of Android Auto will automatically download and install on your Android smartphone. Simply update the app to make use of the upgraded
- Coolwalk user interface within your vehicle’s nav system.
- On this website, you may sign up to participate in the beta testing of the Google Maps, Waze, Google app, and Google Messages app for Android Auto.
Everything related to the latest Android Auto Coolwalk UI upgrade has been covered here. The new Android Audot Coolwalk UI for the automobile head unit will make using the app a breeze, and you can look forward to instantaneous replies.